Friday, February 20, 2015

Teal Clipboard Makeover

So I am almost done with my living room makeover and will be putting up pictures soon! So I got these beautiful pillows from Target on clearance from $35 to $10 and I love them! So I really didn't have anything teal in my living room so I decided to add a punch of color with these clipboards I picked up from Walmart for about $1.50 a piece.

Here are the steps I followed:
  1. Got matching acrylic paint because as I found out teal is a very hard color to mix.
  2. Painted the clipboards twice.
  3. Took acrylic brown paint and a damp cloth and went over it several times.
  4. Sanded the edges.
  5. My mom gave me a bunch of matting and I knew I would end up using it for something! So I simply cut it out with an exacto knife and taped pictures on the back of the matting.
  6. Painted the outline with some light green paint.

 Before

After


 Ps: I got that clock from Target on clearance from $50 to $14! I was super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment