Friday, January 16, 2015

DIY Photo Collage Frame


I love having photos of my family everywhere in the house. I live far away from everyone and remembering them makes me happy. You can get free prints pretty much anywhere I chose a Shutterfly coupon and only had to pay for shipping. I don't have money to spend on fancy picture frames although HomeGoods and Target always has a pretty nice clearance section to choose from. So I found various frames I already had and some I found in the trash, basement, and attic and refinished them.
Since I love to hang a lot of photos I decided to make DIY photo collage frame. 

Here is what I did:

  1. Remove glass and backing.
  2. Spray painted/ varnished and distressed the frames.
  3. Added hooks to each side so I could run ribbon through them. 
  4. Depending how many rows you would like space them accordingly.
  5. Ran ribbon through hooks and knotted each end.
  6. Bought and varnished tiny clothes pins. I got a bag of like 50 for 1.99 at Walmart.
  7. Hung up photos, overlapping and alternating the sizes.




2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I did the same thing in my office. You rock Betsy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Aileen it's such a great way to display photos when u have a lot of them and not too much money ha! I wish I could have taken some photo classes with you, so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete