Saturday, February 7, 2015

DIY Starburst Clock

Happy Saturday! I love Saturdays especially when you can't go anywhere because there is so much snow you can't get out of your house! Well I really wanted a clock for a very LONG time so I could hang one in my office. Also so I could give back the clock I stole from my husbands office ;) Well I bought a $ 2. 00 yes two dollar clock from Savers hoping that I could transform it to something beautiful!  I got home and looked around and found I had some Popsicle sticks and leftover fan blades. 

Before


Here are the steps I followed:
  1. I sanded the outside of the clock so I paint would stick.
  2. then I took some brown paint and a wet damp cloth and aged the inside of the clock.
  3. Then I laid out the pattern I wanted and made sure it would fit all the way around. 
  4. I used a glue gun to glue the sticks to the back of the clock.
  5. Then I painted the stick a light blue let it dry and painted it a dark blue.
  6. Before the dark blue is almost dry but not wet you take a wet cloth and take some of the paint off to make an aged look.

 After


No comments:

Post a Comment