Thursday, February 12, 2015

China Cabinet Makeover

I have so much joy to write this post because this maybe one of my favorite makeovers! I received new knobs from my mom at Christmas and I couldn't wait to use them and this is what they looked like.


 I purchased this old China cabinet for $10.00 and it was so worth every penny! 

Before



I decided that I didn't want to keep the top on because it had some issues but loved the bottom just the same! 

Here are the steps I followed:
  1. Sanded the whole thing very well, the paint I was using had primer in it but I always like to give everything a light sanding. 
  2. I love the detailing at the bottom of the cabinet and always try to highlight detail in some way.
  3. I painted it and let it dry a bit and then with a wet cloth I removed some of the paint. (view in the pictures below)
  4. I used a Shur-Line foam roller- Ultra Smooth Surfaces to paint on the top and the drawers. I didn't want brush strokes for this project but a more even surface look.
  5. The paint I used was Olympic light green.
  6. To finish I put on the knobs.

 After


1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite projects! You are so talented

    ReplyDelete