Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Paint Stick Mirror

I have wanted to get to this project done for a while now. I had a bag full of paint sticks that I have been accumulating here and there. My advice is to ask every time your at a home improvement store or else you will have to pay for the paint sticks yourself. I finally had enough to do a mirror.

Here are the steps I followed:

1. Stain all of your paint sticks.
2. Buy a wooden circle for displaying floral arrangements. I bought this one at Micheal's for $2.00 with a coupon!
3. Hot glue the sticks around the ring over lapping them along the way.
4. Once you are done it will look like this.
5. I darkened the creases with dark brown paint and white washed the top paint sticks.
6. Bought a round mirror at Micheal's for $3.00 with a coupon. Hot glued the mirror to the back of the wooden ring. I also attached a mount to hang it up.









No comments:

Post a Comment