Thursday, January 22, 2015

Kids Number Sign DIY

I decided to do one more wall art for the playroom. This time I wanted to do numbers. I had to think outside the box and think about what I had around the house. When I was an art student I used this everyday but now a days it just collects dust upstairs. It is my drawing board. Bring life to something again is so good for the soul!

Here are the steps I followed:

  1. I painted the board with chalk board spray paint.
  2. I took some number stencils I got from a neighbor and lined them up. Looking back at this project I should have lined it up better especially the bottom. 
  3. Painted them with white acrylic paint. The fun thing about this is using it as a teaching tool later, since I used chalk paint kids can circle numbers or do other activities with it.
  4. Lastly I used brown acrylic paint and a damp wash cloth and went over the letters to make them look aged.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment