Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Alphabet DIY

I am currently working on creating a play space for my son and want to combine it with an office for me. I wanted to create some wall art that could be educational as well as fun looking. I saved an old coffee table that was in bad shape and just removed the legs. The table top was light enough to hang as would a piece of flat wood or a regular canvas. I don't have money to go purchase a canvas or had the proper cloth to make one so I used what I had.

 Here are the steps I followed:

  1. I wanted it to have dimension so I decided to modge podge the top with newspaper. 
  2. Once it dried I painted it a light blue.
  3. I traced the letters using an overhead projector.

4. Then I filled in the letters with black acrylic paint.
5. Once the letters dried I took brown acrylic paint and a damp wash cloth and dabbed some brown paint on the cloth. Then you rub lightly on the outside edges of the frame getting lighter on the inside.


Finished Product




No comments:

Post a Comment