Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Lamp Shade Update

I love changing lamp shades once in awhile but the truth is they are so expensive! The clearance sections in Target are great for getting a bargain. Today I am going to show you that you can make any lamp shade work for you if it is the right price. I got this lamp shade as a gift from my mom who knows I love getting anything to decorate the house. The lamp shade was $ 7. 95 on clearance. The thing is that I don't have anything orange so I thought why not paint it. I painted another lamp in my office portion of the playroom and thought I would give this one a try too.

This is my first painted lamp shade:



Here is the lamp shade I started with.



These are the steps I followed:

  1. The paint I used was regular interior wall paint with acrylic paint mixed with it.
  2. Started with the darkest version of paint color you want.
  3. Use a cheap brush as they are the best for giving a light brush stroke. 
  4. Brush in layers and go up and down and side to side.
  5. Pick the lightest color to finish and go over the dark layer lightly.
Should start to look like this:


After


No comments:

Post a Comment