Saturday, September 26, 2015

DIY Table

So this table like many projects has caused me to go crazy and feel defeated but you can't win them all. I like how the table turned out but it didn't go with my chairs and the color of the living room. I even ended up changing the color in the end but it didn't work out either. I took it from the garbage because I wanted a long table for Thanksgiving but I went back to my round table and now I continue to look for another. So here is my process in redoing this table.

These are the steps I followed:
  1. Spray painted the edges and legs with a dark grey color.
  2. Taped off the edges and got some white primer paint.
  3. Took a cheap paint brush with a a thin bristles from the dollar store and painted a thin layer of the primer.
  4. Took a deep brown stain and painted over the primer and repeated the steps over again to create layers.
  5. Taped lines with blue painter's tape. I didn't measure just eyeballed it. 
  6. Spray painted over the lines and created drops with the spray can trying my best to make it look like wood work.






 After





Repainted





No comments:

Post a Comment