Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Living Room Makeover

I have been waiting to show you all my living room makeover for sometime! So what a better day to show you than on St. Patrick's Day! With all of the snow storms that happened lately getting my projects done for the living room was nearly impossible. I am so excited to show you I couldn't wait for the sun shine and wasn't very patience taking photos so my apologizes. You will find my son hiding in many of them. Ok so here are a few pictures of the before.

Before

 This living room space has a lot of challenges to deal with. One being there is only one location that I could put the TV because of where they placed the outlets for all the chords. I would NEVER cover the windows! I love and I mean love natural lighting. Right when I get up I open all the curtains and in the summer open all the windows. So I hate that I have to put the TV in front of a window but sometimes when you rent you have to deal with stuff and work around it. This might not seem like a challenge but the floors are slanted causing problems with some of the furniture. I have never had a bench window and in the summer it was nice we actually used it as a part of our dining room seating but in the winter they act like ice cubes. Hence this is why you will see that I have heavy rugs on them for now. Heating vents in older homes can cause an issue, they are randomly placed so making sure they are not blocked is important. I painted the living room a very very soft grey nothing too crazy because we are renting. But I like light walls and vibrant accents.

 After

This is our dining area. We had a huge table that wasn't ours so I brought in this round one and surprisingly I like it better. I wish I had a round rug to use and I would use nothing but I love to be barefoot and love carpet on my feet. Everything thing you see I have gotten on clearance no JOKE! From the plates to the baskets to the chairs I love reduced prices!! I wait until Target changes out their seasonal decor and everything is like %60 off!



My husband knows me well! When the Christmas clearance was happening he bought me these HOPE letters that were attached to lights. They used to be $25 and he got them for $7.  I took them off of the lights so they would lay flat and attached them to two pieces of ply wood.


One day I walk into Target and found this amazing red shelf on clearance but I mean super clearance. They used to be $150 and I got they for $30 dollars my friends. The deal was so great I got two of them, one for my kitchen since space can be so limiting. The wooden clock was another steal. I believe it used to be $60 and I got it for $14. The best of all is I wanted new pillows and I LOVE bright colors! The bigger pillows used to be $40 and I got them for $10!

 
Tell me what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I love everything you have done with the living room/dining area! You are awesome! Love you... Drew

    ReplyDelete