Friday, January 16, 2015

Nursery Dresser DIY

Nursery room furniture can be so expensive! With our little one on the way and the fact I would be quitting my job I had to think outside the box. This dresser has had a lot of use through out the years. It was my dads in high school and then it was mine pretty much since I was eight. Through my high school years I painted it horrible teal and red colors but unfortunately I don't have those pictures. But it's last color was all brown. So this piece had no where to go but up! 

Here are the steps I followed:

1. Sanded it best I could (Since this piece of furniture had many paint layers on it a good sanding will prevent it from peeling.)
2. Spray painted the knobs silver.
3. Painted the whole dresser white then let dry.
4. Taped the whole dresser vertical spacing evenly, minus the drawers.
5. Again this paint color is my own mixture but added yellow to white until I liked it.



No comments:

Post a Comment