Friday, January 16, 2015

TV Console DIY

This piece was in my mom's garage abandoned for some years. It used to be our TV console my mom purchased from Target. I was about to move and I thought I could transform it and use it to hold other things than a TV. All I can say looking back at this project is a power sander would have been really nice!! Since this piece was laminate you could either sand it or use a really good primer. I didn't have money for primer so I sanded but I think in the end it would have been worth the money to get a good primer.

Here are the steps I followed:

1. Sanded until my hand bled.
2. Painted it (once again my own mixture but all I did was add blue to white paint until I got a baby blue color.)
3. Used wood stain in the cracks to give it an aged look, which is my favorite. Just wipe the access after you apply.

 BEFORE 

AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment