Friday, January 16, 2015

A Diamond in the Rough

It takes a cleaver eye to see a diamond in the rough! I found this table in the attic with some creepy writing on it. All I knew is I needed another side table and had no money to get one. So I decided to paint it grey to match the other furniture in my bedroom. 

Here are the steps I followed:

1. It was in rough shape so I didn't sand it.
2. Put two layers of my magic grey paint (by that I mean I literally found white paint in the basement and added grey acrylic paint to it, yes because I don't have much money)
3. Added one of those moveable curtain rods inside of the table.
4. Sewed a curtain to cover the hole. (Now if I had power tools I would probably make shelving for it but until that day comes I use what I have.)

BEFORE

AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment